John writes, talks and gives interviews, often focusing on links between sciences and arts.
He can provide copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading services. A portfolio is available on request.
- John wrote an article on online real-time music for the Incorporated Society of Musicians, in light of the COVID-19 lockdown
- He participated in Bach, the Universe, and Everything at King’s Place
- John wrote a Perspective article for the Crick Institute website about science and music
- As part of a Crick Late in March 2019, he participated in a panel discussion on music and the working environment
- He kicked off the DARGANFOD//DISCOVER science festival in Wrexham
- As part of the Creative Futures event in Wrexham, John was interviewed in front of a large audience by Mike Corcoran. A video of the interview is here
- John gave a public lecture on physics and biology for the Institute of Physics Summer Lecture in 2017
- He had an image from his research shown in the Crick Institute’s inaugural public exhibition, How do we look? He also wrote an accessible explanation and recorded an audio interview for the installation
- He recorded an interview for a video promoting the Crick exhibition Deconstructing Patterns
- John wrote technical support documents during a stint working on Avid’s Sibelius musical notation software