I write, talk and give interviews, which often focus on explaining science, music, and things in between.
I can provide copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading services, particularly on topics which are scientific or technical in nature. A portfolio is available on request.
Here are a few examples of public communication I’ve been involved in:
- I wrote a Perspective article for the Crick Institute website about science and music
- As part of a Crick Late in March 2019, I participated in a panel discussion on listening to music in work, playing music for work, etc.
- I kicked off the DARGANFOD//DISCOVER science festival in Wrexham
- As part of the Creative Futures event in Wrexham, I was interviewed in front of a large audience by Mike Corcoran. We spoke about links between arts and science, and the shared joys and shared troubles of each creative process. There is a nice video of the interview here
- I gave a public lecture on physics and biology for the Institute of Physics Summer Lecture in 2017
- I had an image from my research shown in the Crick Institute’s inaugural public exhibition, How do we look? I wrote an accessible explanation and recorded an audio interview for the installation
- I recorded an interview for a video promoting the Crick exhibition Deconstructing Patterns
- I wrote technical support documents during a stint working on Avid’s Sibelius musical notation software