John writes, talks and gives interviews focusing on links between sciences and arts.
He can also provide copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading services. A portfolio is available on request.
- John wrote a Perspective article for the Crick Institute website about science and music
- As part of a Crick Late in March 2019, he participated in a panel discussion on listening to music in work, playing music for work, etc.
- He kicked off the DARGANFOD//DISCOVER science festival in Wrexham
- As part of the Creative Futures event in Wrexham, John was interviewed in front of a large audience by Mike Corcoran. They spoke about links between arts and science, and the shared joys and shared troubles of each creative process. There is a nice video of the interview here
- John gave a public lecture on physics and biology for the Institute of Physics Summer Lecture in 2017
- He had an image from my research shown in the Crick Institute’s inaugural public exhibition, How do we look? He also wrote an accessible explanation and recorded an audio interview for the installation
- He recorded an interview for a video promoting the Crick exhibition Deconstructing Patterns
- John wrote technical support documents during a stint working on Avid’s Sibelius musical notation software