Here are a few examples of science communication I’ve been involved in:
- I have written a Perspective article for the Crick Institute website (appearing shortly) about working in science and music.
- In a few weeks (at the time of writing) I will be kicking off the DARGANFOD//DISCOVER science festival in Wrexham. I’ll be discussing the application of physics in biology, and making comparisons between working in science and music.
- As part of the Creative Futures event in Wrexham, I was interviewed in front of a large audience by Mike Corcoran. We spoke about links between arts and science, and the shared joys and shared troubles of each creative process. There is a nice video of the interview here.
- I gave a public lecture on physics and biology for the Institute of Physics summer lecture of 2017.
- I had an image from my research shown in the Crick Institute’s inaugural public exhibition, How do we look? I wrote an accessible explanation and recorded and audio interview for the installation. More recently I recorded an interview for a video promoting the current exhibition, Deconstructing Patterns.
- I have written technical support documents during a stint working on Avid’s Sibelius notation software.