Since recently discovering that my phone is resistant to water and very loud, I’ve taken to listening to music in the shower. Not owning a purpose-built bathroom audio appliance, the only other option is to open the door through to the kitchen and use that whole room as a sort of giant speaker.
Now, songs are different lengths, and so are showertimes…. so:
- Very short shower (late for work or conserving water): Melt Banana’s cover of Kraftwerk’s ‘Showroom Dummies’
- 3-minute pop shower: erm, McFly?
- Efficient weekday big band shower: ‘Manteca’, as played by the GRP All-Star Big Band
- Scary shower: ‘Shed’, by Meshuggah
- Medium length sophisto-shower: First movement of the Dvorak Cello Concerto
- Latin Jazz shower with an extended live intro: Michel Camilo’s Caribe
- Brilliant shower if you’ve got time: An aged Horowtiz playing Rachmaninoff’s 3rd Concerto
- Normal shower
I’m aware that even by the standards of a blog where the first proper post was a picture of some pasta, this is kind of inane.